Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Just Want To Hold Her


I just want to hold her, kiss her, and tell her how much I love her. Tomorrow will make 7 weeks since we received our referral and still we have no word of a court date! I'm not even going to front like I'm not irritated by this part of the process. It was different when I was waiting to find out who my daughter was but now that I know, I have to be with her! This feeling is almost primal...animalistic...instinct. To know your child is on another continent and you are dependent on the efficiency and diligence of someone else to unite you, is a very helpless feeling that makes me want to beat my chest and ROARRRR! Whew, but then my spirit man says to pray, make your request known unto God, cry out to the one who knows the beginning from the end...He is the only one who can bring you peace Toni. OK Lord I release it all to you, I trust in your perfect timing. We found out that there are now two court dates instead of one. The first, is for the birth relatives to give consent to the judge for the adoption. The second is where we are expected to appear in court to give our consent to adopt. From what we hear that initially trip will be about 3-4 days and the next trip is the embassy/visa appointment which is 5-7 days, and then we get to bring her home! Until then I'll channel my stress into pre-packing. A co-worker of my husbands lend us those space vac bags, so we can start packing up some of the things we will need to take on our trip. Keep us in your prayers. Blessings!

No comments: