Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Sunshine Has Come!


It's been a while since I've even looked at my blog. many wonder what happened? We went through the devastating loss of our first adopted child. She was found to have a severe special need which were not approved nor equip to handle. We found out 2 days before we were to travel to Ethiopia to bring her home. While our entire family was shook by this, we sought God and we found peace. God allowed us to love her and to advocate for this precious child. Though it was painful, I'm honored that God chose us because the reward was great! Shortly after the Ethiopian courts decided that the child would be better suited with another family and that we could adopt again, we were referred another precious baby girl! A few weeks before this referral, I had this overwhelming feeling of light and peace. I wrote in my journal that the next child would be as bright as the sun and light up our lives with joy. So to my surprise when we got the call and were told that the child's name meant She is like the sun, I felt as if it were a sign from God that every thing's gonna be alright!

We traveled in January and stayed thru the beginning of March. It was a blessing to stay through court and embassy! The time in country with our daughter was an opportunity of a lifetime. I truly felt like I was at home, most people were welcoming and hospitable. We met friends for life during our stay. I did have a few sick spells but nothing some cipro, and gentamiacin drops couldn't help;-) Now we are home with all of our children finally under one roof! After 3 long years our sunshine has come...Tsehay Justice is with us forever!

No comments: