Monday, November 16, 2009

A Time of Celebration

What a wonderful time of celebration I had this weekend. Saturday, a good friend of mine had her baby shower. She waited almost 16 months to get her referral for a baby girl from Ethiopia and she finally got it! Some women from her church put together a beautiful gathering...the food was delicious and the gifts were amazing. Her mother in law painted a beautiful portrait of there daughter and the big sister to be painted adorable butterflies on a canvas for the nursery. Someone else gave and adoption life book and another gave Ethiopian children's books. What thought and care they put into this event. What was new to me is that we didn't play any shower games. I mean it's an adoption shower, you can't really play the traditional games like: guess how big the belly is in toilet paper... I thought it was cool though. We ate, had fellowship and opened gifts (my favorite part) .
Then on Sunday, our friend who came back with her precious baby girl two months ago had a baby dedication. I didn't make it to the church for the dedication because of my own ministry involvement but we did make it to the restaurant to celebrate the blessed day! Mommy and daughter are naturals...it's like they've been together a life time. It was good to see how supportive the family and friends were. We went to "Nile: Ethiopian Restaurant". Yummy-licious. That food is the bomb! The service was excellent too. The setting was elegant and rich in Ethiopian culture. I think when my time comes around, I would like to have an event there also.
This weekend showed me to once again stay focused on the assignment that God has given. His word shall not returned to Him void but shall go forth to accomplish what it was sent to do. I know that I know that I know that our adoption is the will of the Lord and it was just an encouragement to be with like minded people who have seen their assignment through.



2 comments:

Alida said...

Toni, how nice to have so many other adoptive families in the local area ... AND ... and Ethiopian restaurant ... you all are blessed. We don't really have that luxury here, and if we want to eat Ethiopian ... which we absolutely love ... we have to drive up to Atlanta ... but at least every so often we FIND a reason to drive up to Atlanta (like last time to see Dora Live at the Fox Theater) and of course eat at our favorite Ethiopian restaurant there. I always get the injera with the lamb ... it's sooo deliciuos!!! Can't wait for your Special Day!!! It can't be much longer now!

Team Chain said...

Yes, we are blessed to have been connected with such wonderful folks in the adoption world. The restaurant is a fabulous perk too! I love the lamb, the chicken, the sambusas are my favorite! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. One day we'll go together with the family. I hope it's not too much longer.